My Foundation as a Natural Hair Stylist



At the early age of 12, my mom (who is an exceptional natural hair braider) taught me the art and craft of braiding. Her teaching gave me a way to earn money, even at an early age. As a college student, I continue to do natural hair on the side to support myself and thereafter, I continue braiding as a professional trade. After I moved to Atlanta in 1998, I was blessed with the opportunity to interim at Khamit Kinks in Atlanta (off Moreland Avenue). This was an education experience that I will never forget because I thought I had learned and perfected every natural hair technique out there. Well, I have always been open to learning, so I took the interim position curious about what new techniques I could learn. Khamit Kinks offered me more than I could have imagine, not only did they fine tune my skills as a natural stylist but they gave me the courage to take my talents as a natural hair stylist to a new level. Khamit Kinks in Atlanta is no longer open but just to give you a little background about this trailblazing salon, Khamit Kinks was founded opened in NY in 1989 by Natural Hair Stylist and Owner Anu Prestonia. Ms. Prestonia has been coiffing natural hairstyles since 1978. Khamit Kinks continues to produce award winning work and gain national exposure. I thank God for opening this door in and I continue to produce natural hair styles and techniques after one of the best salons in the natural hair industry...Khamit Kinks.

To check out Anu Prestonia and Khamit Kinks or take the "Sexy Hair Questionnaire", click here...

Model is Wearing "Golden Flat Twist Out" by Khamit Kinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment